Tuesday, April 7, 2015

EdTech 542 weeks 11&12: Reflect & Perfect

An effective debrief should include anyone involved in the process including the teacher, students, and other adults such as subject matter experts and judges.  For an initial assessment, I would want to know the following: what went well, what could be improved, and how each individual was impacted by the project.  I would collect this information using a Google Form.  I would then analyze the data by reading through it and use a word cloud generator to spot trends. After synthesizing the feedback I would present it to peer teachers who worked with me on the project to come up with solutions and changes to the project.  Changes would be applied to the project site immediately while still fresh.  This assess and refine process should be used with every iteration of the project.  Therefore, every year should be different than the previous (and hopefully better).

Just like when the students use the SDLC model during their project and incorporate testing and refinements, I will use the same model to perfect the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment