Sunday, December 6, 2015

EDTECH Definition Graphic


Creation

I have created many infographics before (here's one example) but I wanted to do something a little different this time. I usually use Piktochart because it is free, has great graphics, and is easy to use. I'm not thrilled with the results of my EdTech graphic for this assignment, but I spent so much time on it and thought it was unique, so I hope it's good enough. In order to create my graphic, I downloaded animated GIFs and opened them in Adobe Photoshop CC. I then found the GIF with the most amount of frames and copied it to a master copy. I expanded all the other GIFs to match the master frame count. After copying each GIF to the master copy I added the words and exported. If I had known how much time it was going to take, I would have made an infographic using Piktochart (and it would have looked better, too). Hopefully there are a few Harry Potter fans out there that will appreciate this!

Meaning

Ethics and the study of educational technology are the base of the definition, and therefore are presented first. Harry, Hermione, and Ron study out difficult problems to find solutions that work. Also, Dumbledore guides students to behave ethically.  

The next section shows that educational technology should be done by effectively managing, creating, and using tech in the classroom. Technology should be managed as meticulously as the goblins at Gringotts managed their treasures. Creating technology for classroom use should lead to student exploration and opportunities like students at Hogwarts had in potions class. We should use the technology that we have always wanted to use like professor Mcgonagall did in battle.

Educators should use technology to optimize processes and resources. Processes should not be as complicated as regenerating Lord Voldemort. Also, even if we have a vault full of money like Harry, we should use our resources wisely and even use technology to enhance our spending power.

If done correctly, the implementation of effective educational technology should lead to learning and higher performance just like Ron and Hermione learned to levitate a feather and Harry was able to defeat Voldemort.


Image Sources:

Study

Ethical Practice

Managing

Creating

Using

Processes

Resources

Facilitating Learning

Performance



No comments:

Post a Comment