Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 8: Paris Map Tour

This week's app was very straightforward.  However, I had a lot of trouble debugging an issue I ran into.  I couldn't figure out why the Web Viewer only pulled up the map view instead of the images of the location.  After a lot of looking around and searching Google I decided to check out my peers' projects.  I noticed on Nathan's project that all of the images were street view.  I went back and noticed that most of my URLs were to photo spheres and user pictures of the location.  For whatever reason, those pictures would not pull up on a mobile device unless the user requested the desktop version.  Other than that, the lists were easy (although very different than arrays that I've learned in other programming classes).

The modifications I made include:

  • different location (San Francisco instead of Paris)
  • 11 tour spots
  • spot label
  • previous and next buttons
  • homepage image goes away when user starts tour

No comments:

Post a Comment