Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 8 - Annotated Bibliography

One thing I used to hear when I was a technology coordinator was that administrators wanted proof that buying technology would be worth the investment.  This ideas is fraught with problems, like, how can you measure the ROI when no money or tangible asset is expected as a return?  Or, how can we measure the success of a technology initiative when it is impossible to isolate it as a variable?  There's also the issue that most of the time a new adoption usually starts with slight declines in achievement because of the learning curve (this goes for more than just technology adoptions).

I was able to find bits and pieces of research to back me up when talking about the benefits of technology in the classroom (however, I have also found significant research proving the opposite).  Now, in my new role, I still want to use the best technology for each teaching scenario (whether that be with teachers, administrators, or young students). For my annotated bibliography, I tried to find research that would support me in various settings.  Please find my work in the link below:

Link to Annotated Bibliography Assignment

On a side note, I ended up using Paperpile as my tool to assist in creating APA style citations. Paperpile is a Google Doc add-on and I thought it was pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment