Sunday, April 26, 2015

EdTech 541 week 15: Final Blog Entry

This semester has been a great exercise in applying my knowledge as a Technology Coordinator.  The projects that I learned the most from were the content area projects.  I appreciate the opportunity to add lesson plans to my portfolio from various content areas.  These lesson plans will help me in my profession.
The theory that guided my development was that technology is a tool, not the lesson.  I think many times, educators get caught up with the technology and forget the students' achievement.  I tried to keep this in mind while making my projects.  I wanted other educators who see my projects to think of how my resources would benefit their students and not get stuck on the technology featured.
This course has helped me design, develop, and utilize many great technologies.
I have grown professionally because I have been able to immediately apply many of my products into my work at my district.  For example, my district is adopting the AUP I worked on in this course.
I don't see myself doing anything differently as an educator because of this course, but it was nice to reaffirm and continue my journey in Educational Technology.

Self Assessment:
Content: 70, I feel that my reflections are authentic and thoughtful.
Readings and Resources: 10, I did not always use resources from our readings.
Timeliness: 20, all of my postings are made on time.
Responses to Other Students: 30, my comments on other students' posts were always authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment