Friday, September 18, 2015

Week 4: Paint Pot

Something that I learned this week was that creating/programming an app is one thing and it is quite another thing to design the app.  After I created the Paint Pot app, I was so proud of what I had created.  Then I gave the phone to my wife so she could see my hard work.  She was excited to test it out for me.  However, when she started using it she had a ton of questions and had a hard time getting the app to do what she wanted.  I found myself having to explain the line, circle, and text stamp buttons as well as each slider.  I knew I would have to explain the buttons at the button of the page, but didn't think I'd have to go through an entire tutorial for users to understand the basic functions of drawing.  Wow, I sure have a lot to learn about user interface design.

After explaining everything, here is what my wife came up with:

you can download my version of the Paint Pot app here:

No comments:

Post a Comment