Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 6 - No Texting while Driving

This week I didn't focus too much on the looks of the app, but more on the functionality.  The coding part was actually very straightforward and easy to figure out.  I had already used a database in a previous app.  Concatenating strings was also familiar to me.

To enhance the app, I decided to add 2 things.  First, I added a checkbox to let the user decide if they want their texts read to them aloud.  This might be useful if you are driving with someone in the car and you don't want them to overhear a private message.  The other function I added was the ability to wave over your phone to activate a speech recognizer in order to input a new default message to respond to a text.  This allows people to safely change the message on the go without having to stop their car and type out a new message.

Download the app here:


No comments:

Post a Comment